For most people, their home is their biggest investment. Taking care of their property means more than just having something that looks nice. Maintaining the value of the home by making repairs and updates regularly will ensure that no part of the house gets run down, leading to extensive repair. Part of this regular maintenance is painting. The color of the exterior and interior walls isn’t the only thing that paint provides. Exterior paint provides a layer of protection against the elements. Inside your home, well maintained walls are easier to clean and provide a more inviting environment. Because your home is valuable to you, make sure to hire a qualified residential painting contractor. You want to be sure the person you hire to work on your home is experienced and properly licensed so you get the best results.
Hire a professional
Painting professionals in California obtain their credentials through an examination and with a minimum of four full years of experience. By using a professional to paint your home, you are ensuring that the person you hire has the experience and knowledge to give your house a whole new look.
A professional painting contractor knows there are several things to consider before opening a can of paint.
- Prepping the surface and filling in any holes or cracks will give the final appearance a flawless, smooth surface.
- Taking the time to carefully cover everything that can not be moved out of the room will protect your items from paint splatter.
- An experienced contractor also knows that taking the weather into consideration is incredibly important to get the results you want. Lap marks, peeling paint, and slow drying times can be a real eyesore and a waste of money from not taking weather into consideration.
Hiring a professional residential painting contractor will put your mind at ease of all the details required to have a nice, well painted home.
Tips for finding the right contractor
- Word of mouth recommendations can go a long way. If you have a family member or friend who used a residential painting contractor for their home and had a good experience, put that painting contractor on your list to research. Scouring the internet for good online reviews can also be an excellent way to narrow down your search, although more time consuming than personal recommendations.
- Once you have your list of contractors to research, find out if they have had any major formal complaints through the Better Business Bureau and also, make note that the contractors are licensed and have a satisfaction guarantee policy.
- Now you should have a short list of painting contractors to ask for references, a portfolio of past projects, and a detailed estimate on your commercial property paint job.
Making sure you hire a qualified residential painting contractor for your home will give you the service and result you desire. If you are in Northern California and want to hire the best, give D&D Painting a call today.